|Mame Table News|
I am extremely happy with MaLa FE. I have also purchased the MaLa Hardware to enable me to have LEDS and a LCD display (Refer Hardware Section).
The FE software writer is based in Germany. To encourage development
and support I volunteered to write some directions
in English to assemble and install the MaLa hardware.
Changes made in the last two years:
* Put power-board inside the machine (much more tidy)
* Put external network plug on the machine. This has a network activity light. This light is basically taped of the LED on the network card. This avoids me having to open up the table when there are network problems.
* Mounted the speakers under the machine. Sound is now less muffled.
* Removed tinted Perspex from the table top. Screen is now much brighter and clearer. The only downside to this is you can clearly see that it is a PC monitor.
* Not much more left to do now
Decided to Change OS back to Win 2000.
OS is much more stable. Also it will now Shutdown with a touch from the PC case Powers switch. This is very Handy as I don't have to Quit Game Launcher then Shutdown Windows (A Process that would involve pulling the Keyboard Out)
|Acquired a small keyboard with a Trackball built in (Very Nice)|
Decided to Change OS to Windows 98 (In Windows Mode).
This was to Enable me to Play Duke Nukem 3D on the Mame Table.
I decided to Change My Set-up to
|It was still cooking~ a bit so .....I Added another fan on the Motherboard side|
|Got a new piece of glass for my birthday. The original one was very scratched|
|Added a second Joystick and mouse to the player 1 side to enable me to play 1943 etc|
|Added internal Speakers/ Amplifier and a Large fan driven by a temperature sensitive switch|
|Mame table is at a state where you can actually play a game. However a Keyboard and Mouse is required to launch a game, and there are major Sound and ventilation issues.|
Cocktail table purchased without Monitor or Mother board. The old
transformer and speakers, fan etc were thrown out. The only original
component is the Coin Mechanism & Joysticks. I painted the inside white to
freshen it up a bit. It also enabled me to see how much dust/dirt would
build up in there.
I purchased a Second hand Dell monitor and and I- Pac .